Let's All Help Make the Community Discussions an Awesome Place
Thank you for being a part of Viki Discussions. Come here to make friends, get and give help, bond over dramas and much more! To make sure we keep this a respectful and enjoyable environment for all, below are some helpful tips and guidelines.
Remember this is a public space. You should never post personal information.
Improve the Discussion
Help us make this a safe and great place for discussion. Please be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said. If you find yourself getting upset, take a break and return later when you have calmed down.
Be helpful and kind, especially to new users. We were all new like them once, too, remember? When helping users feel free to share Viki’s help articles.
Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
Remember to criticize ideas, not individuals. Please be sure to mention that it is your opinion and not an absolute fact. If you must, please give constructive feedback, and avoid:
- Personal attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- Knee-jerk contradiction.
Kindly note that the Viki Community Guidelines also apply in the Discussions forum.
If You See a Problem, Flag It
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. Just flag it. This ensures appropriate action will be taken given the volume of flags, either automatically or by staff intervention. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Keep It Tidy
To help keep everything organized and in its proper place, please remember to:
- Start a topic in the correct category.
- Spend some time browsing the existing topics here before replying or starting your own. You may just find what you are looking to discuss posted by another fan.
- Stay on topic. Use Reply as New Topic (or better to say, Create a New Post) if you’re going to change topics.
- Use the @ mention function sparingly unless you are replying to someone in the conversation.
- Use the Like button, instead of posting “+1” or “Agreed”.
- Avoid writing in all caps, netspeak, and too many abbreviations
- Please limit the amount of times you bump your own post. If your post has not received a reply from anyone, you may bump your post a maximum of three (3) consecutive times, with at least a twelve (12) hour gap between each bump.
Post Only Your Own Stuff
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images, etc.), or for breaking any other law.
Please treat others as you would like to be treated. We hope the items listed below will help you get a better understanding of what to avoid:
- Do not post anything that a reasonable person would consider discriminatory, abusive, offensive, hateful, or derogatory statements about race, gender orientation, ethnicity, nationality, etc.
- Do not post any personal attacks, insults, trolling, cheering on a troll, bullying, harassment, or threats, baiting others into a disagreement, promoting religious/political beliefs, being off-topic in a discussion post or indulging in otherwise negative behavior.
- Do not impersonate people, including but not limited to impersonating Viki staff, or otherwise falsely claiming to work for Viki.
- Do not collect, ask for passwords, and or any personal information.
- Do not harass anyone or expose their private information. This includes your own and other users’ personal information.
- Do not post any sort of private information, Private Messages (PMs) or other forms of correspondence between you and other users and/or Viki staff (via links, images, copy/paste, etc.) under any circumstances.
- Do not share links, usernames, etc. to other social media sites personal or business (i.e Instagram, Facebook, Discord, etc.)
- Do not falsely and/or publicly report users for abuse, directly or indirectly.
- Do not be a spokesperson for users who are banned or suspended from Viki and/or Viki Discussions.
** Any concerns can be privately directed to the Community Team via PM or via the Help Center, by the affected user.**
- Do not repost a message that was removed(including but not limited to screenshots, copy/paste, link), this is considered abuse of the guidelines.
- Do not discuss your disagreement over topics or comments that have been removed.
- Do not add spoilers to any area of the site, unless you have explicitly warned that a spoiler is coming.
- Do not have legal conversations. Do not act like an attorney.
- Do not grief flag or otherwise abuse the flagging process.
- Do not discuss ways to abuse Viki and/or the Community. When you do this, you hurt the Community.
- Do not download copyrighted materials, and/or make them available for download.
- Do not post anything obscene or sexually explicit, extremely violent or disturbing content, including text, videos, or photos.
- Do not share links to malicious sites, business links, and/or promote exploits to manipulate any area of Viki. Nor post advertising, spamming or soliciting of outside services or websites, including softsubs or otherwise vandalize the forum.
- Do not post show licensing information on this or any other forum - it is prohibited.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — please avoid even the appearance of any of these things. Ignoring any of these guidelines may result in being banned from or participating on Viki and Viki Discussions, and/or the removal of your Discussions post.
Remember this is a public space. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
On average three(3) official warnings will lead to a permanent ban. It is possible to be suspended or banned for one(1) severe violation. In general, Viki suggests users to change their behavior before a permanent ban prevents them from participating in Viki Discussions. This starts with asking them to correct their behavior.
- First violation will result in a one (1) week silence
- Second violation will result in a two (2) week suspension
- Third violation will result in a Permanent Ban
*If it was the first violation or second violation, the suspension is lifted automatically, no need to message Viki Staff.
Silence: The user is prevented from creating new topics, posts, flags, or PMs on the site. They are still able to complete other actions, such as “liking” posts, reading topics, replying to PMs, etc.
Suspension: The user is prevented from logging in, and thus from completing any actions on Viki Discussions.
Permanent Ban: This is the result of three (3) suspensions or one (1) severe violation. A Permanent Ban on Discussions will result in a deletion of Viki Account.
Some severe violation examples: extreme trolling, grossly inappropriate links or images, illegal activity, advertising, overly disruptive to the health of Viki Community, extreme spamming, failure to correct previous bad behavior, gas lighting, etc.
Appeals: If you disagree with a silence, suspension, or ban decision on your own account contact Viki Community Team via the Help Center and include all the details, especially your username. A reply to your consensus can take up to 14 days.
This all applies to the user, not their username: Use of alternate accounts is not permitted if you are banned or suspended from Viki Discussions. Failure to comply will result in the suspension or banning of ALL your Viki accounts.
In order to maintain our community, staff reserves the right to remove any content and any user’s account for any reason at any time.
Any inquiries that require Viki staff’s attention/response are recommended to be sent to the Help Center and not posted on Discussions. Through the Help Center, Viki staff can better track and follow up on requests.
If you ever feel that someone is not following these guidelines, please contact Viki Staff.