If you notice that the ad-block message still appears after you have disabled your ad-block or safe-listed Viki, likely, something else on your computer or network is still causing the detection to fail.
Helpful steps to troubleshoot
- Clear your browser cache and cookies How do I clear the cache and cookies on my web browser?
- Close your current window, then launch a new window
- Log back into your Viki account
- Follow the steps here to disable or ensure that Adblock is disabled
- Try again from another web browser with the same steps above
If the ad-block message appears on SOME of your browsers
- Refer to this article to adjust specific browser settings that might block ads/trackers
- Try watching Viki from another web browser
If the ad-block message appears on ALL of your browsers
- Look for other browser extensions or installed programs in your computer that might block trackers/cookies; or have a hidden AdBlock feature (Eg. NoScript, Kaspersky Anti-Banner, Avira Safe Shopping, Avira Antivirus, Ghostery, PrivacyBadger, or Disconnect)
- Disable or remove these extensions/programs and try loading the video on Viki again
- Try watching Viki on another device or supported app
If the above steps do not help, it might be related to your connection
- Connect to another network (e.g., mobile data or another WIFI connection) and try loading the video on Viki again
- Contact your Internet Service Provider to inquire if there are any built-in security features in your network that might be causing this issue.
After following all the steps above, I still see the ad-block message screen. What can I do next?
Please reach out to us here and include the following:
- Did you find any other browser extensions or installed programs that might be causing this issue?
- Have you tried connecting to another network?
- Does this issue occur on all your browser types?
- A screenshot or photo of your browser settings that shows your browser extensions
- Browser version and operating system. Click here to see and share your browser's unique URL link with us.
Article is closed for comments.