Clearing cache and cookies may help fix many web issues.
To learn how to clear the cache lease click on the appropriate link for your browser to learn how to clear cache and cookies:
If Safari doesn't load pages from a specific site
If only one webpage or website isn't working, you can remove data related to that site to see if it fixes the issue. Use these steps to remove cookies, cache, and other data stored by Safari for a specific site:
- Choose Safari > Preferences.
- Click the Privacy icon.
- Click the Details button.
- Search for the name or domain of the website whose data you want to remove.
- In the results list, click the domain (like example.com) that has data you want to remove.
- Click Remove.
- When you're finished, click Done and close the preferences window.
If you used the Private Browsing feature of Safari when visiting a website, you might not see the site listed here.
If Safari doesn't load pages from multiple sites
In OS X Yosemite, you can delete website data for the past hour, or past few days if websites or pages stopped loading recently.
- Choose History > Clear History and Website Data.
- In the sheet that appears, choose the range of data you want to remove from the Clear pop-up menu.
- Click Clear History.
If you want to remove website data for all of the sites and pages you've ever visited, choose "all history" from the Clear pop-up menu. The option to Remove All Website Data in the Privacy pane of Safari preferences does this, too. These options also reset your browsing history and Top Sites.