There are many ad blocking extensions that can cause videos to fail on Viki.com. The following are the most used Ad blocking extensions found on Google Chrome.
- Open a browser that has AdBlocker installed
- Go to Viki.com
- Click on the AdBlocker icon. The icon will be in the upper-right corner of your browser, to the right of your address bar.
- Select Don't run on pages on this domain to disable AdBlocker from running on videos.
Open a browser that has AdBlock installed
Go to Viki.com
Click on the AdBlock icon. The icon will be in the upper-right corner of your browser, to the right of your address bar.
- Select Don't run on pages on this site to disable AdBlock from running on videos.
In AdBlock Plus, you will see Block ads on when visiting Viki. Viki.com will appear under this with a sliding power button on the right. Slide the button to the left to turn off and Refresh to disable AnBlocker Plus from Viki.com.
Further Steps on Google Chrome
Make sure Viki.com is not included on the built-in Ad blocking functionality of Google Chrome by visiting this settings page and making sure Viki is not on the Block list.
Alternatives to removing Ad blockers on multiple browsers
Note: The tutorials below are for macOS. If you are using Windows PC, the interfaces will look slightly different but the processes are similar.
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots located at the top-right corner of your browser
- Click More Tools > Extensions
- Toggle your AdBlock off. Depending on how many extensions you’ve added to Chrome, it may take you a while to locate “Adblock”.
- If you want to remove AdBlock for good, not just temporarily disable it, simply click the Remove button.
- Alternatively, you can click on the AdBlock icon at the top-right corner beside the three vertical dots, then click Don't run on pages on this site.
- Open the Safari browser.
- Click the Safari menu at the top-left corner of your screen followed by Preferences
- Click on the Extensions tab on the new window that pops up, then simply uncheck AdBlock and it will be disabled.
- If you want to permanently remove AdBlock from Safari, click Uninstall.
- You can also disable AdBlock for just one website. To do so, locate the icon on the left side of the address bar. Click Don’t run on this page.