The Viki Community is unlike any other in the world. We share a passion for discovering great content from around Asia, and for breaking down the language barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans, wherever they are.
The unique features on Viki are intended to help you discover, explore and enjoy Asian entertainment content, and connect with other fans from all over the world. We go to great lengths to make sure Reviews, Timed Comments, Comments, Fan Collections, and Watch Parties created or used by Viki fans are meaningful and reflect the safe environment we want to foster for our entire community.
By contributing and/or publishing any content anywhere on Viki, you agree to:
1. Respect fellow members of the Viki Community
Treat others the way you’d like to be treated. The Viki Community is a positive and safe platform that fosters diverse and unique interactions between users from around the world. To protect and preserve the integrity of the Viki Community, we ask that you be mindful of the following:
No hateful conduct, harassment or cyberbullying. We will not tolerate any conduct that:
- incites or condones discrimination, harassment, hatred or derogation towards, or violence made against others based on their race, gender, orientation, ethnicity, nationality, religion etc. Viki supports inclusiveness and does not tolerate hate speech, hateful conduct or discrimination of any sort and in any form (including images) on our platform for whatever reason.
- promotes or encourages any form of personal attacking, insulting, trolling, bullying, harassing, use of violence and/or threatening behavior towards a show’s cast and production team, fellow members of the Viki Community, or Viki staff.
- aggressively insults, demeans or bashes other users’ fandom affiliations, e.g. idols, actors. Not liking someone else’s idol and having different opinions is fair but please remain respectful at all times.
No expletives or profanities. Everyone has different tolerance levels towards use of coarse language. To ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone, please refrain from using expletives and profanities when posting content on Viki.
No spamming or other malicious conduct. To maintain an enjoyable user experience for the Viki Community, please do not:
- post repetitive, irrelevant or unwanted content.
- post false, misleading or deceptive content or misinformation.
- post unauthorized promotional material or advertisements, including mentions of other streaming services or sites.
- post sexually explicit, pornographic, extremely violent or disturbing content, including text, videos, or photos.
- solicit your products, business, goods or services to others or from others.
- abuse any of the Viki features for the primary purpose of inflating, deflating, or manipulating a show’s or movie’s performance on Viki to favor your favorite artist or idol.
- falsely report users for abuse or breaching these Viki Community Guidelines.
Impersonate another user or Viki staff member.
No spoilers. Nobody likes spoilers. “Spoiling” is the act of revealing plot details in a show or movie which, if previously known, may reduce the element of surprise or suspense and overall viewing experience for a viewer.
To maximize the Viki experience for the Viki Community, we encourage you to:
- Refrain from including spoilers in any of the content you publish. Adding *Spoiler alert* does not prevent a spoiler from being a spoiler.
- Discuss fan theories and predictions of what may happen in future episodes. These discussions are not considered spoilers.
Do not share private information about yourself or others. This is the best way to protect yourself from illegal phishing and solicitation of information. We will never ask you to share your private information in a public forum including within the Viki features. Similarly, you should not invade the privacy of others, or share others’ information.
Here are some examples of private information which you should not share with others or request from others:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Real name
- Private discussions between yourself and other members of the Viki Community and/or Viki staff, including but not limited to private messages or ticket responses.
No plagiarism or violation of rights. Viki supports originality, takes intellectual property rights seriously, and is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. We ask that you:
- respect the copyrights and other legal and intellectual property rights of others.
- ensure that you do not plagiarize or otherwise infringe the intellectual property rights of others, especially if you intend to use non-original work.
2. Appreciate the Contributors
We know you can’t wait to watch the latest episode or movie with subtitles in your language! Our talented Contributors spend a lot of time and effort creating and curating most of the subtitles you enjoy on Viki. We ask that you respect, recognize and honor the work done by the Contributors. This includes not uploading Viki content and/or subtitles on other platforms.
If subtitles for a show are incomplete, please understand that our Contributors are probably still passionately working on them! We ask for your patience as our Contributors need some time to ensure that we provide you with quality subtitles. You may wish to make a request for subtitles for a particular show here or perhaps join our Contributor community.
You can also show your appreciation and support for our Contributors by tapping on the ♥ button in the “Subtitle team” tab on each show’s channel. Learn more about subtitle creation on Viki here.
In addition to these general guidelines, each Viki feature may have its own supplementary rules, guidelines and best practices. Please refer to the links below for more information:
- Reviews guidelines and best practices
- Watch Party Live Chat Rules
- Timed Comments Policy
- Viki Comment Policy
Viki retains the right to remove user content at any time, and to suspend and/or delete user accounts that violate our guidelines without prior notice. It is in our absolute discretion to decide when a user has violated our guidelines.
NOTE: The content posted on Viki by users represents the opinions of individual members of the Viki Community and not of Viki. Viki does not endorse any of the opinions expressed by members of the Viki Community.
Reporting the failure to follow these Guidelines
Please follow these instructions to report content and/or someone for violating the Viki Community Guidelines.