Set all dramas free to be translated
Although I'm sure the next won't like to most channel managers, this is the best solution for everybody: Viki, managers, QCs, etc.
The reason why the majority of dramas are delayed with subs is because all this thing of channel moderators, go's, etc, delay a lot the work flow to finish fast.
Just think of a subber:
He has 1 hour free to contribute on Viki. He opens Viki, he tries to find any drama/movie to sub from X language to X language. He finds some series but... Oh SURPRISE! All dramas have a channel moderator and you can't translate for dumb reasons: you aren't part of the team, you need to contact the channel manager, etc. The worst part: he wasted the full hour looking for a good drama to sub instead of actually contributing on it.
Then, imagine the next situation:
He has 1 hour free to contribute on Viki. He looks for a series/movie to sub. He finds one in just 5 minutes. He opens a chapter which needs subs. He subs for 55 minutes in a row. He contributes with several subs / full chapters.
What Viki needs is to reorganize the objectives of people:
- Channel managers must only watch chapters are being translated and verify all parts of a drama have been subbed.
- Language modders must only verify that all the subs have been rightly done and correct any type of mistakes there could be.
- Then, any QC who wants to contribute would be free to do so with no unnecessary filters which only delay the work flow.
At the very end, we all do a good work:
- Channel managers provide a well-finished work in less time.
- Language modders guarantee subtitles are excellent.
- QCs translate. No loss of time searching for dramas nor contacting modders.
How won't it be a total mess?
Mainly from the acceptance of new QCs. Viki must explain the main reason to contribute is to help people have dramas/movies in their own languages.
Then, no one would want to harm subs nor incorrectly translate and/or use automatic translations.
At the very end, if a modder identifies there's someone doing a wrong work, then they could strike him. When this person has 3 strikes, their QC status is permanently removed or they can't translate for the next 3 months.
*Segments will still require a better organization where only approved members can seg. It's faster than subbing and it's an only-one-time work.