Point 1: Currently on the projects page, there are only 2 tabs: projects and recent contributions (with the options of looking at all projects or channel roles). That should be changed to a more organized and perhaps better way by adding more tabs.
- First, instead of just the two tabs, it would be most helpful if a "Finished Projects" tab was added because it's sometimes hard to separate all the projects on the list. Finished projects may sometimes be hard to define, so we can say projects are finished when all episodes of that show are released to other languages. OR there could be a small side tab on every project that allows you to change the show to "Finished"
- Second, tabs with the titles of the different volunteer jobs (i.e. CM, Mod, Seg, Sub) should be added so it helps us find projects easier and quicker.
- Third, tabs with the label "Projects Coming Soon" would also be very helpful as it sorts the mess of all the projects, and allows the volunteers to get to the places they need to go quicker. This tab can also help them keep track of what projects coming up, so that they do not take more than they can handle.
- Fourth, although this is not a new tab category, putting the total number of projects there are in each category will also be a nice addition. It can be used for some boasting purposes and it can also help CMs quickly know if you would be the right fit or if you would have enough time for another project.
- Fifth, of course, if these tabs ever do get added, the tab "Projects" should be kept or changed to "All Projects." Once again for some boasting purposes, and also to let CMs know the nature of your work.
Point 2: The project finder page is confusing at times and can be developed into a more organized page by perhaps setting a set time for new releases of coming soon projects.
- First, the release of new projects for volunteers to apply to be CMs should have a set date. (i.e. the first of every month or something so that volunteers don't have to check the page continuously).
- Second, projects that are on its way to being finished/fully subbed shouldn't be added on the projects page because I'm sure CMs won't really want to add someone and take up their time for just the last one or two episodes. (I've seen some projects on the finder that are on episode 40 and only have a few more to go, I don't think it's necessary to recruit more helpers at this point).