PROJECT FINDER PAGE
All projects tab (for subbers)
- Get rid of the link to Subtitle Editor, as it encourages newbies to directly go there and sub, probably without even reading guidelines etc. Replace it with a link to the drama’s main page.
Include a specific requirement to contact CMs or mods first.
- if it’s a subber, they shouldn’t contact the CM but the designed language Moderator first and CM as last resort… Therefore, instead of linking to the CM, just take them to the drama’s main page and tell them to find out if there is a moderator for their language.
- Nowadays C.M.s are complaining that wannabe subbers of all the world's languages write to them, instead of to the moderators, because of this link in Project Finder.
- Don't include trailers and other clips in the unsubbed videos. This may lure wannabe subbers to dramas where the team is already complete, just because they didn't sub a 30-second teaser.
- Sometimes the "unsubbed" videos are only videos just uploaded of on-air dramas, where team subbers are working on. What's the point in pointing the newbies to those?
It would be cool to have a button where the Moderators can declare that they don't want that drama to be included in the Project Finder because the team is complete.
Recently Assigned Channels
Add another tab “Recently Assigned Channels” so that volunteers, either Moderators or segmenters and subbers can find Recently Assigned Channels all in one place. Where "recently" can mean "the last two weeks" or “the last week” or this month.
If you create a Recently Assigned Channels tab, it would be easy to include a “Write to the Channel Manager” link for wannabe moderators, just as there is one for subbers in the All Projects page. Because moderators are the only ones who whould be writing to the Channel Manager.
Channel Manager Application tab
It needs lots of improvement
1. More information about each show:
a. Add year of release of each show so that we can know which ones are old and which ones are not.
b. Add “existing” and “upcoming” to know which ones are already uploaded on viki and which ones do not have uploaded videos yet
c. Add number of episodes. Very important! A short web drama is not the same as a 50-episode family drama.
2. Rename “Channel Manager Application” to “Channel Manager/Moderator Application” and add a link to “Moderator Application” on the bottom of each thumbnail. Then, when the Channel Manager is chosen, send him/her the names of those who applied for Moderator position.
3. Implement a “Notify me” button, so that you can ask to get notifications
a) the moment new shows are added to the Project Finder and which they are, by country.
b) the moment a Channel Manager is chosen for a particular show.
4. On the Channel Manager Application, show us when the channel was uploaded and how much time is left from the two weeks window for application.
5. CTRL+ click on a channel's thumbnail on Project Finder does not allow me to open the channel in a new tab, as it should, but changes my page to the drama's page and if I want to return to Project Finder, I have to use the back button. This should be fixed.
6. I would like new channels to be created and added at a certain date (for instance, each 1st of the month), so that we wouldn't have to visit Project Finder every day.
In the Help section it is written: Every month, new channels will be pre-created by Viki before shows are slated to air, which you will be able to find in the Project Finder, under a new “Channel Managers” tab.
I understand this to mean that channels are created every month, but the show might be slated for airing in many months' time.
Does it mean that viki does not create new channels continuously, at the moment a new show is announced, but they all appear simultaneously at a certain date every month? Because this is not clear, people have to visit Project Finder so often.