[Solved] Subtitles disappear when I cast to Google Chromecast!
When I cast to my Chromecast - there are no subtitles.
This seems to be an ongoing problem. Engineers - please fix this once and for all. This is why we pay for sub - so we can watch on our big screen TVs.
Thank you kindly!
We're glad to let you know that the issue is now resolved. Please log out and back in before trying again :)
Try Chromecast from a mobile device if you haven't yet. It is working for me for now luckily, since I haven't seen any other solutions on other posts.
Thank you! I deleted & reinstalled the app on my tablet and now when I cast - I see English! Yay! Thank you again.
I too have been having the same difficulties with casting to the television for the last few days. So far I've noticed the problem is occurring with any drama and any episode I cast, and I've tried casting several different episodes. The blue box indicate the episodes are 100% Eng subbed, but when I cast it to the TV, the blue box now indicates N/A. I've unplugged Chrome Cast for an entire day and replugged; I've restarted all my devices; I've uninstalled the Viki app from my phone, reinstalled it, and restarted the phone; I've cleared all browser history and cookies from all my devices that access Viki through a browser. I've been able to cast other shows from other websites to Chrome Cast, so I don't think it's related to my CC device. None of these troubleshooting actions seem to help. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks!
We're so sorry to read this! Our engineers are now aware of these issues and are working on a fix.
We'll be in touch as soon as we have an update!
Please sign in to leave a comment.