Previously we would have a separate language option for the Viki.com site (10 languages, referring to the active buttons and categories on the site) and another option for the content on Viki.com (all languages). Now we only have one language option, for the site itself, consisting only of those 10 I couldn't even say the most common languages on Viki (because they are not - where is your Romanian, Persian etc language?).
This means that the unlucky people who don't know any of these (very selected) languages cannot:
- understand the title of the show
- see what the show is about
- see the progress of translating the show.
For the unlucky moderators of the so-called "other" languages, well they can't see if a show has been:
- started to be translated to their language
- see how far it has been translated (particularly in the old projects, whether that critical point of only the first 4-5 episodes has been passed, because otherwise the project might not ever get translated fully)
I would like to know if Viki engineers are attempting to translate the entire site and all of its content to ALL languages?
Otherwise, I would ask that the content option be immediately restored because of the above-mentioned reasons, as well as some additional more sentimental ones.
Please sign in to leave a comment.