Becoming a Language Moderator
Please follow the steps below to become a Language Moderator on Rakuten Viki!
Check to verify that you meet all of the minimum requirements to become a Language Moderator:
- You must have at least 3,000 subtitles in the relevant language.
- E.g. If someone wants to become a Spanish Moderator, they must have contributed at least 3,000 Spanish subtitles.
- The easiest way to check for this is to verify the badges for proposed languages on an applicants profile page.
- You must have earned a minimum of QC status and have an active QC status.
- You must not have taken too many Language Moderator roles at any given time.
- QC's can take on up to 3 Language Moderator roles at any given time.
- Gold QC's can take up to 5 Language Moderator roles at any given time.
If you qualify to become a Language Moderator, the next steps are to contact the Channel Manager for the Channel you'd like to be a Moderator of.
If there is no response within 7 days, please submit a request to the Help Center and please include the following information to expedite the process and your request:
- The name of the channel you are interested in being a Language Moderator of.
- A link to the channel you are interested in being a Language Moderator of.
- The language you are interested in Moderating on the channel.
- Screenshots of inbox messages to the user you attempted to communicate with (we need the dates & times visible.)
You receive a message from a Channel Manager that you have been added as a Language Moderator. If this is your first time or if it's been a while since you Moderated a a channel, please communicate with the Channel Manager to find out their preferred workflows. Once you know how things will operate from the Channel Manager position down, you can recruit your team and assign work to subtitlers.