Viki Watch Party is a new feature that allows you to watch movies and dramas together with the rest of the Viki community! While watching, you’ll be able to connect with each other via the live chat function.
How do I use Viki Watch Party?
Viki Watch Party is a linear TV platform where shows are screened on a fixed schedule. This means that everyone tuning in would be watching the same part of the show, at the same time.
To view a Viki Watch Party you will see a banner on the Viki.com homepage with information about what is playing this week.
NoteViki-hosted Watch Parties are currently available in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, India, France, Colombia, Italy, Peru, Germany, Chile, United Kingdom, Argentina, Poland, Spain, Australia and on web browsers only.
The Play and Pause functions work just like it does on our regular video player. However, resuming playback after pausing would bring you to the current point of the show that is being streamed; and not where you previously stopped at.
Subtitles settings can be changed at any point in time. The appearance and selected language will only affect your own viewing experience.
You can chat with your friends and those watching using the live chat function on the right side of the screen. To hide the live chat, click on the icon.
Watch Party Live Chat rules apply.
How do I create my own Watch Party?
Check if a show is available for watch party by looking out for the Watch Party icon on the channel page, or explore here.
Creating your Watch Party
- Choose a show or video you’d like to watch with others
- At the channel page of the show, or on the specific episode for which you want to create a Watch Party, click on the Watch Party icon
- Name your Watch Party and follow the instructions on the screen to get started
Once your Watch Party has been created, a unique URL for the party will be generated. Share this link with your family and friends for them to join the party. This link will expire after 24 hours, or upon the end of your party, whichever first.
Please note that participants of your watch party must be logged in to Viki and be in regions where the selected video is licensed. Viki Pass subscription requirements also apply.
You can host 1 Watch Party at any one time.
Starting the video for your Watch Party
You can decide when to start the video, but do note that you can start the video only when there are 2 or more participants in the party. The maximum capacity of each party is capped at 20.
During your Watch Party
- As a host, only you have access to video playback controls. This means that you can start, pause, fast forward, rewind, or end the video any time, for everyone in the party.
- As a host or participant, you can see all participants in the party. At the top right of Live Chat, click > Select Member List
- As a host or participant, at any time you observe poor participation from participants, you can report bad behavior. Learn how to do that here.
Continue watching next episodes
As a host, if you have selected a TV series for your party, you can click next episode to continue watching with all participants.
Viki Pass subscription requirements apply to both host and participants.
If the next episode requires a Viki Pass Standard or Plus subscription, both host and participants must have the corresponding subscription.
Ending your Watch Party
As a host, if you need to leave the Watch Party midway while the video is still playing, you can:
- Leave the party on your own. This will allow the video to continue playing for all your Watch Party members until the end of the video, or
- End the Watch Party. This means that the video will stop playing immediately and the party will end for you and all party members.
To leave or end your Watch Party, at the top right of Live Chat, click > Select End the party.