We have updated our Project Finder tool. This article will help with how the tool works and hopefully assist with finding you shows that you want to contribute to!
Please note that you must be signed-in to Viki to access the Project Finder.
Project Finder Key:
(1) Use this drop-down menu to select the language you wish to read and translate from. Please note that most options are available under the "English" option.
Example: "I'd like to translate from English" would mean, I will read English subtitles and translate them into another language.
(2) Use this drop-down menu to select the language you wish to translate to. Please note that a language moderator will validate your proficiency in the language you're selecting here.
Example: "I'd like to translate from English-to-Spanish". This means I will read English subtitles and translate them into Spanish subtitles.
(3) This drop-down menu is good to select if you have a preference in the types of content you wish to contribute to. You can select a specific genre here if you have a preference, otherwise for the best results ensure that "All genres" is selected.
Example: Selecting 'Fantasy' genre content will only list content specific to the Fantasy genre.
(4) This drop-down menu can be used to select a specific region of where the content is from that you would like to contribute to. Please note that selecting "All places of origin" will provide the most results.
Example: Selecting "Thailand" will only list content originating from Thailand.
(5) This button will take you to your preference settings for Project Finder as well as where you can opt-in or opt-out of being listed on the leaderboard page.
(6) This button will prompt you to a survey to provide us feedback. This is crucial to us learning what works and does not work for our contributors.