To set up your Chromecast for the first time, please follow these instructions.
Using Google Chromecast with the Android Viki app
- Download the Google Home app on your mobile device
- Make sure the mobile device or tablet you are using to cast is on the same 2.4GHZ or 5GHz Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
- Open the Viki app
- Tap the Cast button on the homepage or the video player
- Select the device you'd like to cast to (if more than one)
- When connected, the Cast button will turn blue color, letting you know you're connected
- You can now cast videos directly to your TV
- To stop casting, tap the Cast button and Disconnect
I'm not able to see the Chromecast icon despite being a subscriber
- Log out from your account
- Uninstall and reinstall both the Viki and Google Home app on your device.
- Turn your mobile device off and on again.
- Reboot your Chromecast device from the Google Home app
- Turn off your internet router, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on.
- Make sure Chromecast is connected to the same Wifi network as your device. Also, do ensure that they are either on the same 2.4GHz or 5GHz wifi network.
- Log back into your Viki account and try casting again.
What do I do next?
If you're facing issues with using your Chromecast, please reach out to us here.