You can set up mobile notifications to alert you whenever an episode reaches 95% subtitles completion in your preferred language.
The 10 preferred languages applicable for this feature are as follows:
You can configure your preferred language from Me Tab > Settings > Preferred Language.
Enabling notifications for the specific subtitle language of a drama
You can choose to turn on subtitle notifications via 2 methods.
1. Subscribe to the show you want to receive notifications for.
2. If notifications are not enabled for the app, a prompt will appear on your screen. Select Yes to enable notifications to the show. Depending on the operating system of your device, you will be asked permission for Viki to send you notifications. Click Allow when prompted.
3. Click on Me tab > Top right-hand corner Settings > Push Notifications and ensure that both New Episode & Subtitle Ready notifications are switched on.
1. The Subtitle Incomplete message will appear on the current video being played if subtitle completion rate is below 95% in the preferred language. Tap Notify when ready.
2. If notifications are not enabled for the app, a prompt will appear. Select Yes to enable notifications to the show.
3. A message will be displayed if notifications are successfully enabled.
Verifying notifications is enabled from the Viki app on your phone
1. On your Android device, go to Settings > Notifications.
2. Check if notifications for the Viki app are switched on.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap Notifications.
3. Scroll down to 'Viki'.
4. Toggle the Allow Notifications switch on if it's not already.
5. Tap Banners to enable or disable them.
Article is closed for comments.