You can set up mobile notifications to alert you whenever a new episode of a followed show is uploaded and/or when an episode has subtitles available in your preferred language. Do take the following steps below to ensure that you have notifications turned on.
Turn on notifications for the specific subtitle language of a drama
- Follow the show you want to receive notifications for
- Select your preferred language for subtitles on Account Settings.
- Tap on Me and then the icon
- Tap on Preferred Language and then Select Language
Ensure that notifications from the Viki app are enabled on your phone.
On your Android device, go to Settings > Notifications
Check if notifications for the Viki app is switched on
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll down to 'Viki'
- Toggle the Allow Notifications switch on if it's not already.
- Tap Banners to enable or disable them.
Turn on push notifications in the Viki app
- Tap on Me and then the Settings icon on the top right corner
- Go to Push Notifications under the Notifications settings
- Turn on push notifications to notify you whenever a new episode and/or subtitles are available for shows you're following