10 months. 10 badges. 10 opportunities.
Viki is turning 10 years old this year and you’re invited to come celebrate with us! Every month from February to November, we’ll reveal a new badge — That’s up to 10 exclusive badges! Collect all 10 badges to unlock the final champion badge in December!
June Badge Update: We've wrapped up reviewing all participants in the Summer Subathon. Badges should be applied within the next week (Jun. 16-20). Thank you everyone for your participation!
Challenge Accepted! How do I join?
- Bookmark this page! Check back every month for the new badge and how to get it
- Complete the challenge of the month within the specified time period
- Participants who complete the challenge will have the badge applied to their profile (approximately 1 week after that month’s challenge ends)
July Challenge: The Dog Days Collection Badge
When: Jul. 16th 0:00 PDT - Jul. 26th 23:59 PDT
How to get the badge: Create a NEW Collection following the requirements and the theme listed below.
Theme: “Dog Days of Summer” refers to the hottest days of the summer. Get creative and curate a Collection with a summer theme! Whether it’s the top 7 dramas that are sure to get you fired up, the best dramas when you want to chill and escape the heat, or the dramas you’d most want to (re)watch while on summer vacation.
- Minimum number of titles: 7
- Title: Make sure to include “Dog Days” somewhere in your collection title *You may add additional text to your title, and in other languages, but please be sure to include this
- Description: 1-2 sentences explaining the theme of your collection
- For each title in the collection, include a little blurb about it - For example, why it’s in your collection, your rating, or a short summary
- Cover Image: Choose an image that best represents your theme (For best results, choose a high-quality image with a minimum size of 843 x 474 px)
- Ensure that your title, descriptions, and cover image are appropriate to be shared and adhere to the Community Guidelines
- Set collection to “Public” so you can share it with all your friends!
- Most importantly, be creative and have fun!
Q: If I add to an existing collection, can I still get the badge?
A: Only new collections created within the event dates will be counted for the badge.
Q: Does my collection title and descriptions have to be in English?
A: Feel free to write in your language of choice! Please just be sure to include "Dog Days" somewhere in your title in English.
Have additional questions? Please write in to us at the Help Center.
10 Badge Challenge FAQ
Q: What are badges?
A: You can earn badges to proudly display on your profile page by achieving certain milestones, or participating in events such as this one! You can see a list of all currently available badges here. Read more about badges here.
Q: What kind of challenges will be held?
A: We’re excited to bring you a variety of fun challenges, ranging from contributing subtitles/segments, to completing a small task. More details will be revealed, so if you haven’t already, bookmark this page! If you’re a current QC, you’ll also receive info in the monthly newsletter.
Q: I completed the challenge of the month. Where’s my badge?
A: At the end of each challenge period, a Community Team staff member will check all participants. The badge will then be applied internally approximately 1-2 weeks after the challenge ends.
Q: Do I have to be a QC to participate?
A: No! Whether you’re new to Viki or a long-time volunteer, you’re invited to the party. The 10 Year Badge Challenge is open to QCs and non-QCs!
Have additional questions? Write to us at the Help Center.
Good luck and have fun!