To enter the tools (Segment Timer and/or Subtitle Editor):
- Go to the video that you’d like to help out on
- Below the video player, click on either the scissors or pencil icon. The scissors will take you to the Segment Timer and the pencil will take you to the Subtitle Editor.
Within the tools:
- Subtitle Editor: Where you can write subtitles or captions (Note: a show must have segments before subtitles can be created)
- Segment Timer: Where you can cut segments
- Team Discussion: A Disqus forum where you can update your team on your progress and what you’re working on.
- Team Notes: A user-generated “glossary” and reference sheet to be used when segmenting and/ or subtitling.
- Activities: A real-time feed showing which users are working on what and what type of contributions they are creating.
- Video Drop-down: Move from video to video for a show (episode to episode) without having to leave the tools.
- Virtual Parts: Divisions throughout a video that can only be seen by the channel team. By having these parts, this allows for multiple users to work on the same video simultaneously.
- Chatter: A chat feature that allows you to communicate in real-time with other users who are working on the same video as you.