Why does Viki use HTML5?
Viki uses a HTML5 video player, which lets you watch the same videos you love with a smoother experience.
With HTML5 you will see more consistent delivery of high frame-rates, thanks to HTML5 being easier on your CPU.
The reasons for the change are the following:
- Better video performance across different system and browsers
- Smoother streaming with less lag and stutter
- Adaptive streaming, so you automatically get the best video quality that your bandwidth can support
- AirPlay support. For now, users can use Airplay mirroring
- Video player shortcut keys on the keyboard
If you're facing issues, please read our FAQ about HTML5 video playback issues.