Virtual parts are viewable in the Segment Timer and Subtitle Editor and allows multiple users to work on a video simultaneously.
- Navigate to the Subtitle Editor.
For videos with no existing virtual parts, In the bottom left-hand corner, you will see "There are no parts. Add one now." Click "Add one now." This will open the Manage Video page.
For videos with existing virtual parts, If you would like to add more virtual parts to a video, click on "More" and then "Manage Video" in the top right-hand corner. This will open the Manage Video page.
- In the Manage Video page, you can add virtual parts under "Edit part videos." Type in the time code (format: 00:00:00.000 = Hour:Minute:Second:Millisecond) for where you would like the virtual part to be created.* Click "Add."
The time code you plug in denotes the end time of the part you're creating. In the example below, the part that's being added will be the end time of Part 1.
Things to note:
Before inputting time codes, search for sections of the video where there are no speech, background music, text on screen, or existing segments. The best spots to cut into virtual parts are when there is a change of scene.
We kindly suggest to not adjust the virtual parts if subtitles/segments are already created for the videos. If a segment is created in the middle of a virtual part, that segment will not appear.
- After all the time codes are added, click "Save."
- Navigate back to the Subtitle Editor. Your virtual parts are now created!
- If a virtual part is created in the middle of an existing segment, the segment will not appear in the subtitle editor.
- To check if a virtual part is created in the middle of a segment, play the last segment of the part and press the 'Tab' key. If the segment is replayed, the virtual part is created correctly. If the video continues to play, your virtual part is created on an existing segment. You can delete and re-add the correct timecode if needed. Remember to click "Save" when you're finished!
- When writing a time code, be sure to follow the format 00:00:00.000 with a period before the last 3 digits.
- Click "DEL" for all the virtual parts you would like to remove.
- Click "Save" when you're finished.