The Subtitle Editor is the new generation tool to write and edit subtitles on Viki!
Accessing the Subtitle Editor
- Go to the Channel video that you would like to subtitle.
- Click the pencil icon, located below the video on the lower right-hand side. This will open the Subtitle Editor tool.
Navigating the Subtitle Editor
- On the right-hand side, select whether you'd like to subtitle or caption. If you select "Subtitle," choose the languages you would like to translate FROM and TO from the drop-down menus.
- In the boxes below, write or edit the subtitles (Note: These boxes each represent a segment, so if they do not appear yet, the video must be segmented in the Segment Timer)
Visual Guide to the Subtitle Editor
- Area to select "Subtitle" or "Caption" and the "From" and "To" languages
- The writable fields to write subtitles. Each box represents a segment.
- Menu to move between parts of a video
- Menu to move between episodes
I'm new and don't know how to subtitle. Where do I learn?
Remember that it's polite to first contact the Channel Manager or Moderator of a video before you start working on it.
Also, check out the community-created Ninja Segging & Subbing Academy to learn from veteran subtitlers!
Some Extra Tips
Use Ctrl+F to find a word within all subtitles on a video.
Using the shortcut keys (such as “Tab” to move to the next subtitle) will help you subtitle more quickly, so make sure to check them out (located under the fields for "From" and "To" languages).