Setting up Chromecast is simple if you follow these instructions! Below you will find directions for using Chromecast on the mobile app.
Setting up the device
- Plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV. If it doesn't fit directly into your TV, use the HDMI extender to connect your Chromecast and your TV.
- Connect one end of the USB power cable to your Chromecast, and the other end into the USB port of your TV. If your TV does not have a USB port, connect the USB power cable to the power supply, and the power supply into any wall outlet.
- Using the buttons on your TV or on your remote control, select the correct HDMI input, until a message appears on your TV, prompting you to "set me up."
- Make sure to connect your Chromecast to the same wireless network as your mobile device.
Using Chromecast with the Viki app
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Viki app.
- Connect to Chromecast by clicking the logo on the app's homepage or on the video player of the episode you want to watch, and selecting your device. (The Chromecast logo will not appear if your Chromecast and mobile device are connected to different wireless networks.)
- To disconnect, click the logo and select "disconnect."