Channel submissions are reviewed and approved by Viki staff. If your channel is approved, you become the Channel Manager for the title. Before a title is approved, it is only visible to Viki Staff and the Channel creator.
A number of factors are taken into account when approving a channel. They include, but are not limited to:
- The channel is not a duplicate of an already-existing channel on Viki
- No incorrect information (content origin, language, category)
- Inclusion of the confirmed title/name in original language
- Inclusion of a confirmed broadcast network
- Inclusion of a confirmed broadcast date
- Type of title (film, TV show, etc.)
In order to give as many people the opportunity to be a Channel Manager, titles may not be approved in a “first come, first serve” basis.