A Channel Manager (CM) is the main leadership role within the Viki channel teams structure. Channel Managers are the major decision makers who make sure a channel is being run smoothly.
They are in charge of promoting the channel, recruiting staff, delegating tasks, overseeing the channel, keeping it active, working towards completion, and making sure the Community Guidelines are followed at all times. To assist in the Viki goal "to remove the language and cultural barriers which stand between great entertainment and fans,” the Channel Manager should facilitate translation from the source language to as many other languages as quickly as is reasonably possible.
- Contribute at least 3000 subtitles.
- Gold QCs should not work on more than 4 on-air Channels at the same time as a Channel Manager, regardless of the channel being considered on-air or library.
- QCs should not work on more than 2 on-air Channels at the same time as a Channel Manager, regardless of the channel being considered on-air or library.
- Selecting moderators for your assigned channel.
- Selecting editors for your assigned channel.
- To help make final decisions about discrepancies within the team.
- Locking languages or ensuring they are locked once the language is completed.
- Do not delete Timed Comments on videos unless they do not follow Community Guidelines.
- The channel team cover page should contain only images from the content shown in the Channel, such as official posters.
- A newly aired channel must have activity within 48 hours.
- Actively participate in managing the channel.
- Channel team names may not contain story spoiler information, derogatory, discriminating, explicit, insulting or otherwise negative words.
- Selecting a co-channel Manager and updating the team before going on hiatus.
A: Yes, you are more than welcomed to be a specific language moderator. Just please be sure to add yourself as the dedicated specific language moderator to avoid any confusion.
Please note: If you are over your moderation quota limit and cannot add yourself as a specific language moderator, then you have to select other users to be the specific language moderator.
A: No. If a contributor already has their quota maxed out and they will be operating as a Specific Language, please do not add them as an Editor/All Language Moderator. Instead we advise you to give an equal opportunity to others who have room to be added as a Specific Language Moderator.
**Please kindly note that to help prevent unfairness in the community, if you are reported and found to be adding other contributors as Editor/All Language Moderator who are operating as a specific language moderator, we will remove you from your position as a Channel Manager, which will affect your future Channel Manager applications, and this can later lead to the removal of your QC status and access to the Viki website, if needed.**
A: This is at each Channel Manager’s discretion. Sometimes having two people in the same position can cause friction. If a language moderator is inactive, please feel free to add a user as a co-language moderator.
A: No. If they are/will be operating as a co-Language moderator they should be added as a moderator.