Videos on Viki are housed within Channels, many of which are organized by Channel Teams made up of volunteer community members. The Channel Manager(s) and Moderator(s) lead the Channel Teams.
It's courtesy to reach out to the Channel Manager and/or Language Moderator of the channel that you'd like to work on to let them know you'd like to join the team and volunteer. For more information on sending messages, visit this link.
Finding the Channel Manager(s) and Moderators
- Scroll down on any Channel or video page to the "Subtitling Team" section.
- Click on the icon with "+ (number)" to see all team members.
- This will open the Volunteers modal, which lists all the channel team volunteers. You can find the Channel Manager(s) listed at the top, followed by the Moderators. Under a user's profile picture, you can see more details regarding their role (ex. the specific language they moderate).
- Click the profile picture of the Channel Manager or Moderator that you want to send your message to. It will open their profile page.
- Click the envelope icon next to the user's profile picture to send them a message.
- The name of the show or movie you'd like to help out on (ex. "Boys Over Flowers")
- The role you would like: Moderator, Subtitler or Segmenter