You can send a private message (PM) to any member of the Viki community.
Locating your mailbox
You can reach your Viki mailbox via 2 ways:
1. Via Viki.com
You can find your mailbox under the dropdown available at your profile icon. At Viki.com, click on your profile icon at the top right of the page. Under the dropdown, select "Messages".
2. Via your Volunteer Community Dashboard
Alternatively, you can reach your Viki mailbox via Contribute.viki.com by clicking on the envelope icon at the top right of your dashboard.
Sending a message from your mailbox
- Click at the top right of your mailbox.
- Add the username of the community member who you'd like to send your message to, in the "To" field and press "return" afterwards. You can send a message to multiple users by adding their usernames and pressing "return" after each username.
You can learn how to find someone's username here.
Sending a message directly from a user’s profile page
- Go to a user's profile page.
- Click next to the user's profile picture to send them a message.
- Clicking this button will take you to your mailbox with the user's name filled in the "To" field, allowing you to send them a PM quickly and easily.
TIP: Add a "Subject" to the message with information about what channel or project you are interested in working on as well as any language information. Please note: Many contributors are working on multiple projects and may have no reference to which channel you are inquiring about.
You can learn more about the Viki mailbox here.