You can send a private message (PM) to any member of the Viki community. There are two ways to do this:
Locating your mailbox
You can find your mailbox at the top right corner of your browser. Click the ‘Envelope’ icon to access your mailbox.
Sending a PM from your mailbox
- To get started, click the New Message text on the right-side.
- Enter the username that you would like to send your message to, in the "To" field and press "return" afterwards. You can send a message to multiple users by adding their usernames and pressing "return" after each username.
You can learn how to find someone's username here.
Sending a PM from the user’s profile page
- Go to a user's profile page.
- Click the envelope icon next to the user's profile picture to send them a message.
- Clicking this button will take you to your mailbox with the user's name filled in the "To" field, allowing you to send them a PM quickly and easily. Please add a "subject" to the message with information about what channel or project you are interested in working on as well as any language information. Please note: Many contributors are working on multiple projects and have no reference to what channel you are inquiring about.