Using your Google Home Smart Speaker with the Viki app
All commands should start with “Hey Google…” or “Okay Google…”
- “Watch/Play (insert show name)* on (insert Chromecast enabled device name)**.
- “Pause” - Video will pause
- “Stop” - Video will stop and return to Home screen
- “What is playing?”
- “Next episode”
- “Previous episode/ Last episode”
- “Show (insert language) subtitle/caption”
- “Turn on subtitle/caption”
- “Turn off subtitle/caption”
- “Seek back # minutes # seconds / Back # minutes # seconds”
- “Seek forward # minutes # seconds / Forward # minutes # seconds”
- “Seek to # minutes # seconds”
- “Play from the beginning”
Note: If commands are not understandable or supported by the Google Home Smart Speaker, it will reply with “I don’t understand/don’t know how to help with that”. Please try to use the above-specified commands.
*Google Home Smart Speaker doesn’t support voice commands to play specific episodes and cannot recognize non-English languages.
**Show names need to be said in English. If a show has multiple names in English, please use the Viki title.