When you upgrade from Viki Pass Standard to Viki Pass Plus, there will be a proration or credit added to the new subscription, depending on the amount of time you have used from the current subscription.
Below are some examples of how proration works on a subscription.
Changing to a higher price plan:
- Standard recurring subscription at $4.99 paid on the 1st of every month.
- By the 15th, half of the $4.99 charge has been used and there’s an unused credit of $2.50 left. This credit will be brought forward.
- Deducting this $2.50 from the $9.99 charge, you will only be charged $7.49 on the 15th.
- The payment cycle will now change to every 15th once the upgrade goes through.
- Next month you will then pay the regular amount of $9.99 on the 15th.
Changing to a lower price plan:
- Plus subscription of $99.99/year that expires in 6 months
- Change subscription to a Standard subscription for $49.99/year.
- The change will occur once the Plus subscription expires in 6 months. When the expiration date arrives, the user will be charged $49.99 for an annual subscription. The same thing applies to a monthly subscription.