Setting up Chromecast is simple if you follow these instructions! Below you will find directions for using Chromecast on web.
Setting up the device
- Plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV. If it doesn't fit directly into your TV, use the HDMI extender to connect your Chromecast and your TV.
- Connect one end of the USB power cable to your Chromecast, and the other end into the USB port of your TV. If your TV does not have a USB port, connect the USB power cable to the power supply, and the power supply into any wall outlet.
- Using the buttons on your TV or on your remote control, select the correct HDMI input, until a message appears on your TV, prompting you to "set me up."
- Make sure to connect your Chromecast to the same wireless network as your computer.
Using Chromecast on web
- Go to the Google Chrome web store and download the Google Cast extension (you can download it through this link!)
- Click on the Chromecast extension on the top right of your browser
- Click on the triangle beside "Cast to"
- Select "Cast tab"
- After which, select your Chromecast device (we call our Chromecast "Viki Chromecast" because we're loyal like that )
- You're now casting on your TV! If you'd like to stop casting, simply click "STOP".